The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. Show your peers, employers, and stakeholders that your agile knowledge runs deep.
PMI-ACP certification was created by agilists for agilists. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts—75 percent versus 56 percent—as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
To earn the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® certification, you must meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMI-ACP exam, a 120-question, multiple-choice exam.
Regardless of your experience and education, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. Successful candidates will typically use multiple study aids including courses, self-study and study groups. And remember: You can take the exam online, when and where it’s convenient for you.
You can prepare for and take the PMI-ACP exam in English, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Agile Project Experience
1,500 hours working on agile project teams. These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours in
general project experience and must have been earned within the last three years.
Training in Agile Practices
21 contact hours; hours must have been earned in agile practices.
Tests knowledge of agile fundamentals and the ability to apply them to basic projects.
30 PDUs every three years in agile topics.
The requirements for candidates considering the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification are:
- General Project Experience: Experience working on projects using any methodology
- Agile Project Experience: Experience working on agile projects
- Training in agile practices
- Passing a multiple-choice examination on agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years.
- A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years