ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation training course provides information on the fundamental concepts and principles of information security risk management based on ISO/IEC 27005.
Why Should You Attend?
ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation is a two-day training course that focuses on the information security risk management process introduced by ISO/IEC 27005 and the structure of the standard. It provides an overview of the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005 for managing information security risks, including context establishment, risk assessment, risk treatment, communication and consultation, recording and reporting, and monitoring and review.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation” designation. This certificate demonstrates that you have a general knowledge of ISO/IEC 27005 guidelines for information security risk management.
Who Can Attend?
The ISO/IEC 27005 Foundation training course is intended for:
- Risk management professionals
- Professionals wishing to get acquainted with the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005 for information security risk management
- Personnel tasked with managing information security risks in their area of responsibility
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in information security risk management
Upon successful completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the main risk management concepts, principles, and definitions
- Interpret the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005 for managing information security risks
- Identify approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of an information security risk management program
The training course is participant centered and:
- Contains lecture sessions illustrated with examples and discussions
- Encourages interaction between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Includes quizzes with similar structure to the exam
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.